Upon confirmation of a positive case of COVID-19, district administration will contact the Suffolk County Department of Health for immediate guidance.
Contact tracing is a public health function performed by local public health departments to trace all persons who had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. This allows public health officials to put in place isolation or other measures to limit the spread of the virus. The district will cooperate with state and local health department contact tracing. To assist public health departments in knowing who may have had contact at school with a confirmed case the school district will:
- keep accurate attendance records of students and staff members;
- ensure student schedules are up to date;
- keep a log of any visitors which includes date, time and where in the school they visited;
- Assist Suffolk County Department of Health in tracing all contacts of the individual at school in accordance with the protocol, training, and tools provided through the New York State Contact Tracing Program. This does not mean schools are required to have staff members take the contract tracing program. Questions should be directed to the local health department.
- To learn more about the New York State Contact Tracing Program, please visit the website at: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/new-york-state-contact-tracing
Harborfields will maintain confidentiality as required by federal and state laws and regulations. Harborfields staff should not try to determine who is to be excluded from school based on contact without guidance and direction from the Suffolk County Department of Health.
Harborfields will cooperate with all state and local health department contact tracing, isolation, and quarantine efforts.