National Junior Honor Society
Welcome to the NJHS 2021-2022 Information Center!
The National Junior Honor Society seeks to encourage the development of middle school students. The society works:
- To create enthusiasm for Scholarship
- To stimulate a desire to render Service
- To promote Leadership
- To develop Character
- To encourage Citizenship
The following is intended to inform the community of the activities our requirements for membership, downloadable forms, and provide links to helpful sites that are in cooperation with the chapter.
Below are the steps that YOU need to take if you are interested in applying for NJHS this year:
(Current 7th graders...you would be an NJHS member NEXT year)
(Current 8th graders....you would be an NJHS member at the end of THIS year
and can apply again National Honor Society in the High School)
Fill out and complete the Application Form IN FULL. All pages must be completed
You must complete at least 15 hours of community service (tracking form is found within the application form)
You must have a GPA (grade point average) of at least 92 to be inducted into NJHS
You must be involved in at least one school activity (music, sports, clubs)
Information for Students who are interested in applying for the National Junior Honor Society
1. Application to NJHS: This form that has all the information you will need. It is VERY important to read this carefully. Pages two through four must be submitted in order to be considered for candidacy for the National Junior Honor Society.
2. Calendar of Important Dates
3. Guide to Community Service Opportunities
4. Select Criteria for Membership
5. Self-Progress Checklist
6. General Member Expectations
1. NJHS Official Website: This is the official site of both the NHS and NJHS. - Everything from manuals to merchandise can be found here.
2. Character Counts Website: The NJHS subscribes to the Character Counts Organization and recommends chapters to promote the six pillars of character.